Amoxicillin Suspension 250 MG/ ML
$14.99 – $18.99
PetMedMart currently only offers to ship this product to New York, Massachusetts, and Nevada.
Amoxicillin (Generic) Suspension is a potent antibiotic specially designed for dogs and cats, effectively fighting against various infections caused by gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. Veterinarians frequently prescribe this medication to ensure the well-being of our furry friends.
|WHAT IS AMOXICILLIN SUSPENSION?
Amoxicillin is a versatile antibiotic that can be used to treat a variety of infections in dogs and cats, including those affecting the skin, respiratory tract, and urinary tract. In addition, this medication has also been found to be effective in treating ulcers caused by Helicobacter spp infections in ferrets. Its broad spectrum of activity and relatively low toxicity make it a popular choice among veterinarians for treating bacterial infections in a wide range of animals. However, as with any medication, it is important to follow the dosage and administration instructions carefully to ensure the best possible outcome for your pet.
|Cats, Dogs, and other Species.
HOW DOES AMOXICILLIN WORK?
|• Amoxicillin (Generic) Suspension is a highly effective antibiotic specifically formulated for dogs and cats. It is commonly prescribed by veterinarians to combat a wide range of infections caused by both gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
• This powerful medication is particularly effective in treating infections in the respiratory system, urinary tract, and gastrointestinal tract. It targets and eliminates harmful bacteria, providing relief and promoting healing in these vital areas.
• Additionally, Amoxicillin (Generic) Suspension is also capable of addressing infections on the skin and soft tissue. It effectively treats conditions such as lacerations, bacterial dermatitis, abscesses, and wounds, ensuring a speedy recovery for your beloved pets.
|• Dogs commonly experience digestive tract upset as a side effect of amoxicillin, which includes symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite.
• Amoxicillin can cause gastrointestinal issues in dogs, such as stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea.
• Allergic reactions to amoxicillin in dogs and cats may manifest as hives, skin rash, facial swelling, difficulty breathing, unsteadiness, and trouble walking.
Give as directed by your pet’s veterinarian. Discard remaining of the suspension after treatment is done or after two weeks of being stored.
|As directed by your veterinary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|1. What is the most important thing I should know about this product?
2. How does this product work?
3. How should this product be given?
4. What should I be cautious of with this product?
5. What ingredients are in this product?
|1. Amoxicillin should not be used in pets that are allergic to it or other penicillin’s, cephalosporins, or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
2. The mechanism of action involves the inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby impeding bacterial replication.
3. The medication should be administered through the oral route, either with or without food. To ensure precise dosing, it is recommended to use a syringe or dropper. It is crucial to closely monitor the dog for any potential adverse reactions, including diarrhea, vomiting, or allergic reactions.
4. Store liquid (suspension) at room temperature or in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. Throw away any part not used after 2 weeks.