Baytril Taste Tabs
$1.15 – $4.54
PetMedMart currently only offers to ship this product to Arizona, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Colorado, Washington, Nevada, and Minnesota.
Baytril Taste Tabs are used to treat many types of bacterial infections. It’s a fluroquinolone antibiotic used for infections of the urinary tract, skin, prostate, GI tract, liver, and lungs. Baytril Taste Tabs are sold per tablet and require a prescription from your veterinarian. Baytril is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Fluoroquinolones interfere with bacterial DNA metabolism to kill the bacteria.
|WHAT ARE BAYTRIL TASTE TABS?|
|Baytril Taste Tabs help treat different kinds of bacterial infections. It’s a fluroquinolone antibiotic used for infections of the urinary tract, skin, prostate, GI tract, liver, and lungs. It is sold per tablet and requires a prescription from your veterinarian.|
|Dogs and Cats|
HOW DOES BAYTRIL OTIC WORK?
|•Treats bacterial infections
•Chewable tablets are flavored so your pet will enjoy eating them
•Sold individually (per tablet)
|Stop giving the medication and seek emergency veterinary medical attention if your pet experiences an allergic reaction. Other less serious side effects may also occur. Continue to give the medication and talk to your veterinarian if your pet experiences loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, or drowsiness. Side effects other than those listed may occur.|
|Give exactly as directed. The usual dose of Baytril for dogs is 2.27-9.07 mg/lb every 24 hours. The usual dose of Baytril for cats is 2.27 mg/lb every 24 hours. The dog and cat doses may be divided into two doses 12 hours apart. Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. Give all of the medication your veterinarian has prescribed. Symptoms may start to improve before the infection is completely treated. Allow plenty of water for your pet to drink. Do not exceed the maximum dose of 2.27 mg/lb per day in cats because of an increased risk of altered vision or blindness. If you do not understand the directions ask the pharmacist or veterinarian to explain them to you.|
|Use As Directed By Veterinarian|
|•All Weights: Administer 2.27-9.07 mg/lb by mouth either once a day as a single dose or divided into two doses 12 hours apart.|
|•All Weights: Administer 2.27 mg/lb by mouth either once a day as a single dose or divided into two doses 12 hours apart.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|1. What is the most important thing I should know about Baytril Taste Tabs?
2. How do Baytril Taste Tabs work?
3. How should Baytril Taste Tabs be given?
4. What should I be cautious of with Baytril Taste Tabs?
5. What ingredients are in Baytril Taste Tabs?
|1. Baytril is a prescription medication FDA-approved for veterinary use in dogs and cats. Baytril is available as 22.7 mg, 68 mg and 136 mg scored chewable tablets for dogs and cats. It is advised that Baytril should not be used in younger dogs during their rapid growth phase, approximately 2 to 8 months in small to medium breeds, 2 to 12 months in large dogs, and 2 to 18 months in giant breeds.
2. Baytril is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Fluoroquinolones interfere with bacterial DNA metabolism to kill the bacteria.
3. Please see dosage section for directions.
4. Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals. Do not give with vitamin/mineral products or within 2 hours of giving an antacid or sucralfate. Tell your veterinarian about any other medications your pet is being given. Do not give Baytril to any pet other than the pet for whom it was prescribed. Baytril is not for use in animals allergic to it or other fluroquinolone antibiotic drugs. Store Baytril at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep this medication away from children and pets.
5. The ingredient in Baytril Taste Tabs 22.7 mg is Enrofloxacin (22.7 mg). Baytril Taste Tabs 68 mg has Enrofloxacin (68 mg). The ingredient in Baytril Taste Tabs 136 mg is Enrofloxacin (136 mg).