Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine in tablet form meant to be used for the temporary relief of allergy symptoms in pets. Chlorpheniramine works to remedy contact, inhaled, or drug-induced allergies in dogs and cats by blocking the effects of histamine in the body.
|WHAT ARE CHLORPHENIRAMINE TABLETS?|
|Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine in tablet form meant to be used for the temporary relief of allergy symptoms in pets.|
|Dogs and Cats|
HOW DO CHLORPHENIRAMINE TABLETS WORK?
|•Begins to work within 1 hour
•Provides relief of allergy symptoms in pets
|Side effects may include drowsiness, vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite. Dry mouth and urinary retention can also occur.|
|For cats of all weights, administer 1/4-1/2 of a tablet every 8-12 hours. For dogs of all weights, administer 1/2-2 tablets every 8-12 hours. Do not open or crush the tablets.|
|Use As Directed By Veterinarian|
|•All Weights: Administer 1/2-2 tablets every 8-12 hours|
|•All Weights: administer 1/4-1/2 of a tablet every 8-12 hours|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|1. What is the most important thing I should know about Chlorpheniramine Tablets?
2. How do Chlorpheniramine Tablets work?
3. How should Chlorpheniramine Tablets be given?
4. What happens if I overdose my pet on Chlorpheniramine?
5. What ingredients are in Chlorpheniramine?
|1. Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine used in the treatment of contact, inhaled or drug-induced allergies in dogs and cats. It is also used to treat miliary dermatitis in cats.
2. Chlorpheniramine works to remedy contact, inhaled, or drug-induced allergies in dogs and cats by blocking the effects of histamine in the body.
3. Chlorpheniramine is not FDA approved for use in veterinary medicine; however, it is a commonly accepted practice to use this medication in dogs and cats. The usual dose for dogs is 2-8mg every 8-12 hours. For cats the usual dose is 1-2mg every 8-12 hours. Do not open or crush the long-acting capsules.
4. Seek emergency veterinary medical treatment. Symptoms of overdose may include excitement or seizure, drowsiness, coma, respiratory depression and death.
5. The main ingredient in Chlorpheniramine is Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg. Other ingredients include D&C Yellow #10, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch.