|WHAT IS FRONTLINE GOLD?|
|Frontline Gold is a topical monthly flea and tick preventative for dogs and cats. One dose of its triple-action formula kills fleas, flea eggs, larvae, chewing lice, and ticks for a full month. Frontline Gold has a new ingredient, pyriproxyfen, which helps kill the next generation of flea eggs and larvae before they have a chance to develop into adult fleas. Frontline Gold starts killing fleas in just 30 minutes.|
|Dogs and Puppies (8+ weeks of age) and Cats/Kittens (over 8 weeks of age, weighing 1.5 lbs or more)|
HOW DOES FRONTLINE GOLD WORK?
|Fast-acting and long-lasting
Kills fleas, flea eggs, larvae, chewing lice, and ticks for a month
Kills next generation of flea eggs and larvae
Starts killing fleas in 30 minutesWaterproof for 24 hours after application
|Side effects of Frontline Gold may include signs of skin irritation, such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If your pet experiences any of these or other side effects, consult your veterinarian.|
|1. Remove 1 applicator from the package and hold it in an upright position pointed away from your face.
2. Push down and twist the top clockwise about 1/2 a turn to break the tube’s seal. Don’t remove the dispensing tip.
3. For cats, position the dispensing tip on your cat’s back between the shoulder blades. Use the tip to part your cat’s hair so the topical is applied directly on the skin. Squeeze entire contents of the tube in one single spot.
4. For dogs, position the dispensing tip on your dog’s back between the shoulders. Use the tip to part your dog’s hair so the topical is applied directly on the skin. As evenly as possible, squeeze out the contents of the tube in a line along your dog’s back from the shoulders to the base of the tail.
|Use As Directed By Veterinarian|
|DOGS/PUPPIES (8+ weeks of age, weighing 5+ lbs)|
|• More than 1.5 lbs: Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month (Green Box).|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|1. What is the most important thing I should know about Frontline Gold?
2. How does Frontline Gold work?
3. What happens if I miss giving a dose of Frontline Gold?
4. What happens if I overdose my pet on Frontline?
5. What should I avoid while giving Frontline Gold to my pet?
|1. One dose of Frontline Gold effectively protects your pet from fleas and ticks for a full month. Frontline Gold is available in 3, 6, and 12 pack doses. Frontline Gold kills fleas, flea eggs, larvae, chewing lice, and ticks as well as prevents the next generation of flea eggs and larvae from developing into adults. Frontline Gold is an over-the-counter topical.
2. Frontline Gold contains fipronil, which kills adult fleas and ticks while storing itself in your pet’s oil glands to work continuously for 1 month as it’s released from the hair follicles onto the skin and coat. The other two ingredients, S-methoprene and pyriproxyfen, kill the next generation of flea eggs and larvae before they develop into adult fleas.
3. Apply the next dose as soon as you remember and resume a monthly schedule.
4. Seek emergency veterinary medical treatment.
5. Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age. Don’t use on cats and kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing under 1.5 lbs. Consult with your veterinarian if your pet is elderly, pregnant, or lactating.